Together, we will gain an understanding of where you are now, examine the available options, and create a strategy for your goals. As a fee-only financial planner, my compensation never includes commissions. Clients pay me for my work, not insurance companies and brokerage firms.
Fees for the Initial Financial Plan
First, you and I determine what the scope of work for your plan will be. Then, I provide you with a fee estimate based upon the projected number of hours needed. The fee estimate is calculated at my hourly rate (currently $235 per hour). The cost for a written plan that includes 2 meetings to go over the plan is typically in the $4,000 to $10,000 range.
If you wish to have your investments professionaly managed, please note that the cost of your financial plan can be used to reduce the first four quarters of investment management fees. The investment management fee reduction can be equal to up to half the cost of your financial plan.
If you want ideas and perspective from a Certified Financial Planner™, but not a financial plan, go to Financial Planning Consultation under the Services menu above.
How I Help
Big Picture Goals
- Achieving financial peace of mind
- Protecting or creating family wealth
- Having work become optional
- Reducing investment fees
- Tax sensitive investment strategies
- Eliminating risks that can be removed through diversification
- Strategy for employee benefits such as stock purchase plans, restricted stock units, and health savings accounts
- Setting a date for retirement
- When to file for social security
- Pension decisions such as whether to accept a lump-sum or a lifetime payout
- Cash flow planning to create a paycheck in retirement
- Establishing a safe spending rate to make sure assets last a lifetime
- Obtaining a larger tax benefit from existing charitable gifts
- Determining if doing a Roth IRA conversion makes sense
- Reducing capital gains and ordinary income taxes
- Placing investments in the type of account that they are best suited for (asset location)
Areas Outside the Focus of My Practice
I recommend working with a different financial planner if your objectives call for an advisor who provides the services shown below.
- Evaluating new purchases of investment real estate
- Plans in which the primary focus is on student loans
- Accountability partner for overspending
- Strategies involving cryptocurrency (e.g., Bitcoin)
- Stock picking
- Market timing (trying to determine the exact right time to move in and out of the stock market)