Investments and Plan Updates
There are two paths we can follow after your initial financial planning project has been completed.
One option is to use my investment management services to put the plan into action. In addition to having me implement and monitor your investment strategy, you receive periodic updates to your financial plan, and broader support without having to think about hourly costs. For more information, please look below under "Investment Management Clients".
The second option is to implement the advice yourself and use me as a resource on an hourly basis. With this option, it will be up to you to notify me when you would like additional assistance. For more information, please look below under "Hourly Clients".
Please let me know which option you prefer. I am here to help!
Investment Management Clients
It is not mandatory to have a financial plan before becoming an investment management client; however, the initial financial plan plays a major roll with shaping your investment strategy and gives us both a chance to get to know each other.
Investment management clients are eligible for a discount on the first four quarters of investment management fees immediately following the creation of an initial financial plan.
|Investment Management Fee Schedule|
|Total Portfolio Value||Annual Advisory Fee*|
$0 to $500,000
|$500,000 to $1,000,000||.90%|
|$1,000,000 to $2,000,000|
|$2,000,000 to $3,000,000||.70%|
|$3,000,000 to $4,000,000||.60%|
|$4,000,000 to $5,000,000||.50%|
|Assets over $5,000,000||.40%|
*Minimum investable assets to qualify for asset management is $500,000
Benefits of Investment Management
- Knowing that your plan is being put into action
- Tracking progress towards goals
- Reducing taxes using tax-loss harvesting
- Recommending solutions to financial challenges as they arise
- Regular updates to your financial plan
- Providing reminders on important deadlines such as required distributions
- Coordinating with your CPA, attorney, and insurance agent
- Saving you time by reducing paperwork
After our initial financial planning engagement, those who prefer to continue working with me on an hourly basis receive up to 30 minutes of complimentary time during the first 30 days after the initial financial plan has been delivered. Beyond the earlier of 30 days or 30 minutes, our work together becomes billable on an hourly basis measured in six-minute increments with partial increments billed as a whole.
See FAQ for my current hourly rate.
Fees for Quick Questions
Please feel welcome to continue using me as a resource. I will send you an invoice at the end of the month for the time that is used.
Fees for Plan Updates
If it has been a year since we created your original financial plan and the complexity of your situation has not changed, the time needed will usually be approximately half the amount of time needed for our original work together. If two or more years have passed since we last created or updated your financial plan, the time required will likely be similar to your original plan. If we are only updating your investments, the time needed will usually be half the time needed to update your overall plan.
There are three ways that we can approach fee estimates for plan updates.
- We can use the information above as a rough estimate.
- At the start of the project, you can provide me with a cap on how long I can spend working on the plan update. I will do the best work I can using the time that you have allowed.
- Finally, I can provide you with a fee estimate based upon your current situation and needs. In contrast to an initial financial plan, I count the time spent producing a fee estimate as billable time because of the amount of work that goes into reviewing your prior plan and understanding the changes to your situation in order to arrive at an estimate.