Financial Planning Consultation
Financial planning consultation is the term I use for a service designed for those who want ideas and perspective, but not a written financial plan. With a financial planning consultation, you come away from our meeting(s) with the notes you've taken and can schedule more time with me again on an as-needed basis.
A financial planning consultation is not a substitute for a financial plan, but in the right situation it can provide a lot of value.
A Financial Planning Consultation Might Be Right For You if...
- You want ideas on how to improve your current strategy, but do not want an actual financial plan.
- You recently received advice from another advisor and want to know if I see any red flags.
- You want to hear what I think about specific topics, so that you can investigate further on your own or engage me again in the future.
This Service Might Not Be Right for You if...
- You are seeking a recommendation on a major life decision, such as when to retire.
- You need to receive a numerical answer. For example, how much to buy of a specific investments.
- You are not comfortable doing additional research on your own after our conversation.
- You want a written document that you can refer to.
As an example, a 2 hour meeting will cost $550. This assumes 30 minutes of preparation time before the meeting and an hourly rate of $220. I will block-off at least 2 hours on my calendar for you, but you are welcome to end the meeting sooner.