Financial Planning Consultation
Financial planning consultation is the term I use for a service designed for those who want ideas and perspective, but not a financial plan. Instead of receiving a written financial plan, you come away from our meeting(s) with the notes you've taken and can schedule more time with me on an as-needed basis.
Reason Clients Use This Service
- Because you want to hear ideas on how to improve upon your current strategy from a CFP® professional, but do not want an actual financial plan.
- To receive a second opinion concerning advice from another financial adviser. For example, I can indicate if I see any red flags.
- As a starting point for working with a fee-only financial planner.
This Service Might Not Be Right for You If
- You are seeking a recommendation on a major life decision, such as when to retire.
- You wish to receive numerical answer such as how much to buy of a specific investment.
- You are not comfortable doing additional research on your own after our conversation.
- You want a written document that you can refer to.
As an example, a 2 hour meeting will cost $550. This assumes 30 minutes of preparation time before the meeting and an hourly rate of $220. I will block-off at least 2 hours on my calendar for you, but you are welcome to end the meeting sooner.